You’ve seen the SecKC DC27 Matrix badge. But you want to save a few bucks on manufacturing and embark on a journey that will test you to your core… and build it yourself. With this kit, you’ll get a couple of boards and a bunch of components. They are all surface mount, and all very small. The LEDs are 0402 LEDs, which are very tricky to work with by hand. A microscope is a must-have to build this! An oven, or other non-airflow soldering technique will be required to build this! You should probably use a stencil to apply paste, but I’m not your mom, so do whatever you want. Expect assembly time to be 4-16 hours. You will lose parts. You will put LEDs on backwards, and it’s harder to diagnose than a single LED in backwards, because it will cause other LEDs to fail. You’ll have entire rows and columns shorted as well as not-connected. Oh my God, why are you getting this…
- Guaranteed before DEF CON*
- Scratches your Masochism itch
- Best $15 you ever saved
- If you complete this, rixon will shake your hand (or a friendly non-contact wave if you prefer) in person
- Scratches your masochism itch
* In order to arrive and let you attempt to assemble before DEF CON, the LED board/components will ship first, and the controller board/components will ship later.